Federal Labor Member for Fremantle, Josh Wilson MP, today invited local environment groups across the federal electorate of Fremantle to submit an expression of interest (EOI) for inaugural Communities Environment Program (CEP) funding.
Grants between $2,500 and $20,000 may be sought for eligible ‘on-ground’ environmental projects within the electorate that also deliver positive social outcomes. The kinds of projects that could be considered include those that:
- Improve the management and habitat of native species;
- Restore coastal, wetland and riparian areas;
- Reduce litter, feral animals and weeds;
- Increase community knowledge through activities that restore environmental assets; or
- Increase the communtiy’s connection with the local natural environment.
Projects must be completed by December 2020. I encourage environment groups who need funding to make an important local project happen to email Katharine in my office at firstname.lastname@example.org for CEP guidelines and the Fremantle EOI form, which must be submitted to my office by 5pm on Monday 9 September.